Hip Hop/R&B Needs You Gurl!!

What happened? Why? She took the musical world by STORM. Her lyrics were up lifting and positive. Tried to always encourage sistas' to be respectable and proud women. To never let a man disrespect us. To be proud of our culturally rich heritage. Black pride at it's finest. I imagine if she would have been alive during the times of Malcom X and Eldridge Cleaver (leader of the Black Panther party) she would have proudly been pumpin' her fist in the air right beside them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Being one third of the Fugees basically gave her the extra push she needed to jump start her solo career.

the fugees Pictures, Images and Photos






Her cd The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was sheer artistic genius. Evidently, I'm not the only one who thought so. The Recording Academy presented her with five Grammy's for her hard earned and well deserved efforts.


Photobucket


Hip/Hop hasn't been the same since she's been gone. Her voice needs to be heard again. Lawd, I miss her. Obviously, I'm not alone. Kayne even spat a few lines about her in his song: Champion.
"Lauryn Hill say her heart was in Zion,
I wish her heart still was in rhymin'"

lauryn hill 4 Pictures, Images and Photos



Like all fairy tales go, she met the man of her dreams, Rohan Marley. They married and had bouncin' babies. But not too long after, Lauryn started a noticeable downward spiral.



Photobucket

When her relationship seemed to become rocky, that's when she seemed to be become visibly unglued. I mean..

Photobucket

And lest we forget this sad display:

Photobucket

It has been inferred that Mz Hill had some type of emotion and/or mental breakdown. Possibly. But I believe that greatness still dwells within her walls. She's a rare talent that has just gotten sidetracked by her own personal problems and issues which could easily happen with any one of us. We as normal people have the luxury of grieving in private when we are hurting. Whereas with her..well..her pain was put on display for the whole world to see.

68520_med Pictures, Images and Photos

Come back to us Lauryn!! Hip hop is already on life support as is. But get well first. Take good care of YOU. Like the words in one of your anthems said:
How you gone win when you ain't right within?

Lauryn was the truth. Here's proof:









14 comments:

  1. I love her music so much, she's on my "cleaning house" playlist on the computer. Its sad how the wrong man can ruin you and your career. I wish her well and hope she can get on her feet because the world needs her. She has 4 or 5 kids and keeps canceling tours and concert dates so you know shes not in her right mind (shoot, I have 3 and im not turnin down that kinda money for nothin)

  1. @Juicy
    I wouldn't turn down that kind of $ either..but she's CLEARLY not well enough..if she's not gettin' help, she needs to ASAP..

  1. VonDign said...:

    I wish she'd come back as well, but if Amy Winehouse is slated for another release then I'll always have hope that Lauryn will come back.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Her 'Miseducation' was/still is a musical masterpiece. We can only wonder that IF she came back if she could exceed or at least duplicate the success of her first solo delivery.

  1. tee said...:

    She needs to come back. She was real good. I think all the fame kinda messed her up. I hope she comes back with a bomb album one day.


    follow me please =]

    http://www.fiercetastic.blogspot.com

  1. Gold Feather said...:

    She is such a talented woman, and I really wish she would come out with something new. I still listen to the miseducation album as though it came out this year. My friend used to work at a Staples in Jersey and she came in ( this is about two years ago now) with her kids, and my friend said she looked very troubled. I hope she gets better and comes back.

  1. @D.V.
    Shame 'bout Amy cuz I believe that she also possesses a unique gift..hope she can get herself together...

  1. @News
    With the proper help and guidance, I think that she has t etalent to pull it off...

  1. @Tee
    I hope she does too..the music world could really use her right about now..

  1. @Arvy
    She is such a phenom talent..indeed she is...*smh abt what your friend said..you could look at recent pics and tell that there was somethin MAJOR goin' on...

  1. Jay1 said...:

    damn i miss her. i don't know if i just forgot that she lost her mind or if i purposely blocked it out. looking at those recent pics of her is brutal.

  1. @Jay
    I agree. Lookin' at those photos broke my heart..she's such a beautiful woman...

 
2 Much Drama For This Mama!! © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops